Provincial Administration Clerk
Purpose of the Role
- To provide support to the Provincial Operations Coordinator/Team Leader ensuring the smooth running of administration processes of the provincial operations function.
- To proactively ensure all administration requirements of the provincial office are up to-date and coordinate in anticipatory manner to ensure that both internal and external stakeholder needs are fully met.
- Ensure learner and provider documents are filed in accordance with QMS requirements and are accessible nationally.
- Minute team meetings, ensuring that updates are provided as and when required.
- Payment File records of provincial projects timely, accurately captured, reported, filed and updated on the provincial schedule as guided by the provincial coordinator/team leader.
- Administer the learnership information system in terms of the Skills Development Act by updating information in the system according to EWSETA policy and procedures at all times.
- Ensure the integrity of the learnership system is maintained by capturing accurate information on the MIS regularly.
- Administer learnership and apprenticeship documents and records according to EWSETA requirements.
- Assist the Provincial Coordinator with all administrative functions.
- Arrange stock, including ordering and distributing items as required for the provincial operations processes.
- Process all invoices and statements, including preparing purchase orders and dealing with internal finance and supply chain teams as well as supplier accounts departments.
- Operating the provincial office front desk and ensure that the necessary marketing material is available to prospective learners and employers.
Information Management and Record Keeping
- Maintain various statistical records for the SETA and maintain files.
- Reference source documentation, reports and/or instructions using alphanumeric sequential codes and update files inserting current and relevant information and seek approval on the destruction of old or outdated correspondence/documentation.
- Retrieve supporting documentation and records on request to facilitate and support query resolution or discussions.
Office Administration and Support
- Submit payments for processing and follow up on delayed payments.
- Responsible for administration to format documents/confidential and routine reports.
- Attend to telephonic calls and visitors to the provincial office, establish the nature of visits and attend to specific routine matters and/or record details of enquiries and/or messages in the absence of the Co-Ordinator/Team Leaders or Career Centre and Work Placement Administrator and forward for attention upon availability.
- Administer the receipt and distribution of transmitted/received facsimiles and/or attend to the photocopying of correspondence/documents.
- Maintain stocks of standard forms and stationery and complete requisition orders to facilitate the replenishment of items prior to depletion.
- Prepare notification, agendas and minutes for specific meetings and attend to the distribution and/or arrange for the collection of documentation prior to scheduled meetings.
Effective Teamwork and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritising, and self-development.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Manage colleagues’ expectations in line with work requirements and communicate appropriately.
- Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives.
- Verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy
- Record keeping and data management
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- 1 year’s front office experience
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED, IF YOU DON’T RECEIVE A CORRESPONDENCE WITHIN 14 DAYS CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.